Digital Merchandiser (Cinmar)Job ID R42577
Job Description Details
Are you curious about the online guest and can see the shopping journey through their eyes? Then you’ll have success as a Digital Merchandiser, whose goal is to offer guests a seamless online shopping experience. Here, you’ll collaborate to create and implement the digital strategies that enrich the online experience through the right mix of personalization, simplicity and intuitiveness to bring our best in class product assortment to life. You’ll track and analyze historical data, site performance, external and internal research to drive the digital shopping experience effectively with a convenient, reliable and instantly gratifying purchase process. The goal as a member of the team is to continuously evolve the customer’s experience by bringing a category-specific e-commerce experience to life through core digital merchandising tactics.
More specific scope includes:
- Experience. Implement and optimize site merchandising strategies that focus on conversion, findability, maximizing guest engagement, and frictionless shopping. Tactics include, but not limited to: traffic optimization, site taxonomy and attribution management, navigation, facets, sort, internal search optimization, item level content, cross-sell/up-sell, and item data remediation and attribution.
- Content. Provide business inputs and context to cross functional teams for execution, ensuring content is revenue-driving, on brand, and impactful.
- Analytics. Monitor KPIs across all devices and platforms, guest behavior, market trends, and competitive insights to optimize short-term performance and to influence longer term strategies.
- Cross Functional Partnerships. Establish strong relationships across both functional and category peer groups.
- Results. Feeling of personal accountability for delivering financial goals (sales and profit) and objectives for the category.
- Communicate and executes a best in class visual merchandising strategy within the website responsible for the integration and merchandising of key product areas throughout website. Ensuring the best customer experience and constant evolution to present the customer with the most optimal assets and content to drive conversion.
- You must be a strong product story-teller, ability to bring a product to life online.
- Perform in-depth analysis of the business, including, online metrics (conversion rates, visits, views and orders) to look for sales opportunities, problems, and trends along with next steps to resolve problems or enhance the experience.
- Responsible for online product merchandising including marketing, promotional statements, seasonal experiences, and ensuring promotional online execution accuracy (pricing, ads, and deals) to increase customer conversion and improve customer experience.
- Will implement merchandising to support A/B testing, Geo-Targeting offers, special web-only offers, tracking data, reporting results and making recommendations for web enhancements to improve the online customer experience.
- Establish collaborative relationships and weekly business review meetings within a Category Team to discuss online growth, opportunities and ensure consistent customer experience across all channels.
- Keep abreast of market trends, consumer trends, competition, customer service issues, and eCommerce technology along with a quarterly share out of enhancements they would like to make.
- Investigate and fix failed searches. Ensure search rules are created for common use cases ex. Misspellings, synonyms, ect…
- Prepare digital asset sheet to determine additional photography needs for website & manage placement of assets with the Creative Team
- Provide weekly recaps to cross functional teams of KPIs related to enhancements or changes implemented to their categories or site functionality as well as next steps.
- Superior computer skills including business applications such as MS Windows, MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Google Sheets, and content management systems. You can learn in-house digital / content management systems quickly.
Minimum Education: Four-Year Degree
Preferred Education: Four-year degree
Minimum Experience: 2 Years in digital imaging or digital creative
Preferred Experience: 3+ Years in digital imaging or digital creative
Additional Job Requirements:
- High level of personal accountability in executional details
- Business acumen with an entrepreneurial, revenue-generating mindset
- Passionate advocate of the customer
- High level of initiative and organization, with the ability to be resilient and adaptable and manage ambiguity, risk, uncertainty and changing directions
- Ability to build and leverage strong cross-functional relationships
- Understanding of web design/development concepts and processes
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including financial and business metrics in addition to site metrics
- You have superior computer skills including business applications such as MS Windows, MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Google Sheets, and content management systems. You can learn in-house digital / content management systems quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in an team based collaborative environment
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.