Digital QA AnalystJob ID R819490
Job Description Details
Business Unit Summary
The CBI Digital QA team is responsible for functional and regression testing the ecommerce sites that make up Cornerstone Brands Inc. (www.garnethill.com, www.ballarddesigns.com, www.frontgate.com, www.grandinroad.com), which is an $800 MM Digital business. This includes testing new projects as well as testing as we maintain, support, and upgrade existing functionality. The sites are expected to function exceptionally for our customers 24 x 7 x 365. It is a fast-paced team environment that employs both Waterfall and Agile SDLC methods.
As Digital QA Analyst I, you will play a critical role in the analysis and validation of a project’s functional and business requirements. Candidates must have demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to support interaction with Digital team members, internal management, and brand leaders. Candidate must also be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment and be able to meet deadlines.
A Day in the Life
- Prepare to test small to medium size and complexity projects adhering to department guidelines
- Execute testing of small to medium size and complexity projects
- Track testing progress and defects
- Works comfortably in Agile Sprint and/or Waterfall Release environment
- Interacts with developers, architects, product managers and cross functional groups throughout the SDLC process
- Participate and provide feedback in requirement reviews
- Perform test case reviews for internal team and brand leads as required
- Write detailed and accurate defect reports
- Ensures all assigned stories/functions are tested in expected cycle time
- Provide input to test results and status
- Serve as a team resource in resolution of complex business and/or technical issues
- Proactively takes on tasks as bandwidth allows
- Provides input to quality assurance policies, procedures, and standards
- Adheres to quality assurance policies, procedures, and standards
- Participates in ‘on-call’ duties to ensure 24x7 support as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business field is preferred. Equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience is also acceptable.
- Minimum of 2 years in QA Testing/Analyst Role
- Requirements analysis, test case design, test execution, tracking of defects and reporting of results
- Able to work independently and within a collaborative team environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving ability
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools such as ALM
- Experience with test automation and automation tools
- Experience testing web-based applications in a high-availability, high performance and large scale environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to track multiple test executions while delivering results in a timely manner
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with a large internet retailer or high volume commerce site
- Knowledge of Websphere commerce or similar large platform
- Performs testing automation to increase testing efficiency and reliability
- Integration testing other web based applications a plus
- Experience in testing ETL, EAI, Web Services and general APIs is a plus
- Experience with mobile based platforms is a plus
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams
#LI-AW1Digital QA Analyst
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.