Distribution Operations Mgr - OutboundJob ID R819312
Union Center – Operations Manager - Outbound – PPS
FT – 1st Shift - Responsibilities across all three shifts
Business Unit Summary
Be a part of the dynamic Conveyable Operations team within our West Chester center facility. The selected candidate will be responsible for day to day activities and strategic initiatives for the organization 1 million sq. ft. conveyable distribution center in West Chester, OH. This position will lead the operations team and will be directly responsible for leadership development, budgeting, productivity and quality initiatives in partnership with the Director of Operations.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
• Lead and develop a diverse staff of 170-485 hourly associates and 7-17 salaried supervisors (peak vs non peak)
• Hire, train, motivate and develop direct reports
• Plan and maintain proper staffing levels to support volume variations and proper financial/budget controls
• Ensure all personnel have the necessary training, knowledge, tools and support to be successful
• Ensure all areas, inside and out, of the distribution center are safe and clean at all times
• Facilitate all necessary and preventative maintenance for the property and equipment
• Coordinate and manage all distribution activities including: shipping, receiving, equipment operators, returns, liquidations and inventory control
• Create and manage all annual operating budgets in conjunction with finance in partnership with Director of Operations
• Ensure that department productivity and cost per unit goals are achieved
• Monitor and manage product placement to maximize product density and space utilization
• Ensure standard operating procedures are followed in all operations
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive implementation of solutions
• Share and leverage continuous improvement opportunities and best practices with other DC’s
• Ensure all aging inventory and order categories are kept within their specified commitment range
• Ensure inventory movement is complete accurately; limiting lost inventory and gross adjustments
• Support and monitor the hourly incentive program
• Provide excellent customer experience by meeting departmental accuracy, cycle time and damage goals
• Ensure open, clear, effective communicate with peer, superiors, external vendors, customers, brand contacts etc…
• Maintain an open, safe enjoyable workplace for all associates resulting in excellent morale and limited attrition.
• Bachelor’s degree in operations or related field is preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience as a DC Supervisor in a fast paced Distribution environment
Direct to consumer distribution/fulfillment center experience
• Advanced computer skills (WMS, Excel, Access, Kronos, Crystal Reports)
• Ability to communicate/manage to all levels within the operation and brands.
• Strong analytical skills including previous planning and forecasting experience.
• Ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership to support both future growth and day to day activities (project Management required in this role, so ability to manage time
to support 70% floor time while supporting projects)
Nice to Haves
• 5-10 years’ experience in DC Supervisor in a fast paced Distribution environment
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves"
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.