Facilities Technician (1st Shift)Job ID R41546
Support the success of Cornerstone Brands, Inc. by providing exceptional facility support services to the organization and maintaining the facility work place and equipment to exceptional standards.
POSITION: Facilities Technician (1st Shift)
SHIFT: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Job Description Details
- Performs basic building related services/repairs including painting, carpentry, drywall repair, plumbing, lamp and ballast replacement, HVAC filter changes, and minor mechanical repairs.
- Assembles, disassembles and moves racking, shelving, workstations and systems furniture as required.
- Performs grounds keeping duties (including snow removal) and supports housekeeping as required.
- Performs routine maintenance on powered industrial truck (PIT) batteries (primarily watering the batteries and documenting the work).
- Performs minor mechanical repairs on small equipment such as tape machines, box makers, air pillow machines and more.
- Supports and assists maintenance technicians as needed repairing conveyor and other equipment.
- Performs cross-functional duties as may be needed to ensure timely maintenance at the facility.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Attends offsite technical and facility work related training as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Mechanical aptitude and/or knowledge/experience in building maintenance including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and general carpentry.
- Ability to follow company safety policies and perform duties in a safe manner.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment and demonstrate professional behavior at all times.
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction and accurately and neatly document work records in electronic and/or written form (production records, service tickets, work logs, etc.)
- Sufficient mobility to access all areas of the building including roofs and ability to stand for long periods of time; climbing, kneeling and squatting as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear required PPE as needed (gloves, glasses, face shields, aprons, possibly air purifying respirator)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in environments with wide variations in temperature and weather conditions (including snow removal).
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and weekends as may be needed. Occasional “on-call” responsibilities also required.
- Must be PIT certified or have ability to become PIT certified on all PIT equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet company requirements to operate company vehicles.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.