GRANDIN ROAD ART DIRECTORJob ID R43549
Job Description Details
A role with Grandin Road Creative means you’ll be part of a team that supports marketing strategy, planning and execution of all branding and marketing efforts from print, catalog and retail to digital visual assets and video. As an Art Director you are an experienced creative professional who will seamlessly collaborate with cross-functional teams along with the VP, Creative Director, Senior Art Director and Art Direction team to deliver high performing marketing creative across all channels. You must have a strong ability to take a global approach to assigned projects including design, planning and execution of studio photography shoots. You will be expected to multi-task, completing hands-on assignments in a precise and timely manner. You must also be detail-oriented, adaptable and solution focused in your approach to projects. Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Create inspiring visuals that support our brand direction and engages our customers
- Ensure photography art direction is consistently on-brand while creating compelling images that effectively showcase product attributes
- Present creative layouts that outline the vision for each project and in turn effectively conveys message to customers and business partners
- Plan photography and video shoots, create photography shot lists and direct photo teams to consistently deliver inspiring, on-brand visuals
- Provide detailed, scheduled shot list direction to logistics and sample management team to insure product is available as needed for shoots.
- Actively coordinate and participate on local and out of town photo shoots including in-house or out of town studios helping team with set-up and clean-up leaving locations in an exemplifying white glove experience that customers expect during photo shoots in their home
- Execute effective time management while prioritizing dynamic work processes
- Partner with Merchandising, Marketing, Digital and internal partners to prepare, execute and deliver high quality creative assets and campaigns
- Partner with Sr. Art Director to adhere to schedules for layout reviews and asset deadlines to deliver quality final projects
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Photographers and various creative team members
- Partner with Copywriters on messaging and campaign deliverables
- Hands on design of layouts from concept through detailed production
- Mark-up images and visuals for corrections and follow-through on quality and details to ensure colors proofs match product samples and swatches
- Monitor all assigned catalogs through the entire process
- Assist with the creation of assets across channels including print, social, digital, emails, retail, web site and other channels as assigned
- Establish and adhere to schedules for design and layout reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BFA in Art, Design or related degree, preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in design, photo art direction, and brand development preferably in home, seaonal or lifestyle retail brand
- Strong conceptual and on-set photo art direction skills, preferably in the home category
- Strong portfolio showcasing relevant work
- Working knowledge of Mac Adobe Creative Suite: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Advanced understanding of printing process, photography & color proofing, illustration and typography
- Solid hands-on design skills with the ability to utilize visual hierarchy in product selling, promotions and messaging
- Proven track record of successful collaboration and critical thinking approach to problem solving
- Proven track record of excellent time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Resilient, adaptable, positive attitude
- Team player who can positively contribute to the company culture
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.