Human Resources Business PartnerJob ID R42098
Job Description Details
The Human Resource Partner is responsible for a wide spectrum of HR services including (but not limited to) talent acquisition, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, and HR administration. The Human Resources Partner will support in cultivating the talent and culture needed to deliver on the growth objectives of the organization.
- Manage all aspects of recruiting for below director level openings; including posting, sourcing, screening resumes, conducting interviews, executing pre-screening requirements, offer preparation, hiring, and onboarding new employees.
- Provide coaching and counseling to Senior Leaders, managers and line employees on how to improve individual performance. Review and provide feedback on Performance Development Plans. Coach leaders on performance management.
- Identify and lead or collaborate on projects that enable organizational success, such as career pathing, succession planning, team building, performance management, and engagement initiates.
- Provide consultation on organizational structure and compensation changes including organization changes, promotions, demotions, adjustments and reductions. Partner with leadership on implementation of plans.
- Partner in managing and leading internal HR projects focused on process improvement, such as policy revision, process documentation and other projects as needed.
- Provide proactive and effective guidance and counsel to managers on employee relations issues
- Develop and maintain a recruiting network at local colleges/universities and through trade and professional organizations
- Manage independent contractor process, adhering to all legal requirements.
- Manage HR programs such as Service Recognition, Employee of the Month, and other employee engagement activities. Generate new ideas to further drive positive employee engagement.
- Play an active role in contributing and/or leading process improvement initiatives. Generate new ideas for process improvement opportunities.
- Manage and resolve employee relation issues.
- Maintain all employee records and electronic personnel files.
- Process departmental expenses, set up vendors as needed and partner with vendor and Accounts Payable (A/P) to resolve payment issues.
- Oversee internal audits for the HR department as needed – gathering and providing requested documentation in a timely manner to ensure compliance and controls are intact as defined according to company policy and procedure.
- Ensure compliance with all Qurate policies and best practices, as well as, federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Persuasive, ability to influence and guide others
- Creative problem solver, and possesses the resourcefulness to get things done
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail and produces high quality/accurate information
- Promotes an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes accountability, quality, continuous improvement, and high performance/results orientation
- Maintains highest-level of confidentiality
- Results oriented, driven by performance
- Maintains highest level of ethical behavior
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience as an HR Business Partner or equivalent role
- Technically savvy, including excellent knowledge in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Knowledge of human resources best practices
- Previous experience recruiting and/or managing employee relations
- Ability to interact with a variety of levels within the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing initiatives
- Experience in change management techniques
- Knowledge and experience working with Workday preferred
Nice to Haves
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.