Human Resources DirectorJob ID R36560
The Director, of Human Resources is the strategic HR partner to the Presidents of Frontgate and Grandin Road, and business unit leaders across CINMAR. S/he provides guidance and coaching to these leaders in building and developing their organizations in support and implementation of company initiatives. Through strategic leadership, this role is responsible for working with leaders in creating and integrating talent management initiatives in order to impact business performance and grow talent. This individual is also responsible for overseeing and actively leading the company’s talent acquisition strategy and execution in order to keep pace with the growing needs of the business. Must have a natural ability to build credibility with and influence cross functional partners to achieve goals, maximize resources and drive results through people. Must have proven ability to work as an integral member of an executive team and work productively as a member of an extended corporate HR function.
Job Description Details
- Partners strategically with the Frontgate and Grandin Road Presidents and business leaders to accurately assess and plan business and talent priorities.
- Oversee both the strategic and tactical elements of Human Resources management for the Frontgate Retail stores (currently 6 stores). Lead strategy development and support for the retail networks, developing and executing plans for new store launches from an HR perspective, organization design, team member relations, etc. Oversee the HR Business Partner responsible for HR delivery across the retail outlets.
- Able to assist leaders in making decisions about people and the business that are right and not necessarily the easiest choices.
- Develops and implements retention strategies that maximize existing talent and supports the acquisition of future talent.
- Develops and leads strategies to create a strong sense of organizational culture in order to support engagement and retention of employees across all functional groups.
- Cultivates organizational practices that support positive relationships between leadership and employees and promote a high level of motivation and performance.
- Regularly assesses and reports out on employee morale with a focus on continuous improvement; constantly seeking opportunities to better support employees and foster their professional development and engagement.
- Ties performance management closely with talent planning and career development to create a holistic approach to improve employee and company performance.
- Assists and coach’s leaders in the development of performance improvement plans as necessary and supports difficult discussions.
- Consults on organizational design and ensures that roles are clearly scoped and accurately situated within the overall organizational structure.
- Serves as a valued partner within the HR team and leverages key relationships within CBI HR Community as well as HSN including: Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards and Legal teams.
- Oversees transactional HR functions, serving as a thought partner to internal partners and business leaders.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws, industry trends and developments regarding HR that may affect the business and advises management and employees accordingly.
- Provides solid guidance in employee relations and compliance related issues and analyses trends in order to develop short term interventions and long term solutions as needed.
- Anticipates future needs and plans accordingly by demonstrating the ability to handle change in a creative and effective manner.
- Works with business unit leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment consistent with our company values and culture.
- Serves as a mentor and role model to junior HR team member(s) and serves as integral member of CBI HR team.
- BA/BS in Human Resources or related field.
- 7+ years of professional experience in generalist HR roles with prior experience leading teams.
- Proven track record of helping high-growth organizations scale and build talent.
- Ability to think strategically and build systems and processes for long-term success.
- Ability to analyze business trends and demonstrate functional knowledge of business metrics.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills suited to multiple key interactions with employees across all levels.
- Proven ability to partner across lines of business and within a multidiscipline HR organization.
- Able to clearly and soundly articulate a point of view and garner support for ideas and initiatives.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow through and analytical skills.
- Well versed in HR best practices and trends in performance management, engagement, etc.
- Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- 8+ years of professional HR experience with 3-5 years in senior Human Resources position
- Prior HR leadership experience within a rapidly growing organization with need to balance day to day responsibilities with long term strategies
- Proven influencer; demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and executive level management
- Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
- Strong foundation and experience in Talent Acquisition at all levels
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.