Lead Product Manager - Order Management SystemsJob ID R818192
Job Description Details
The Lead Product Manager reports to the Director of Order Management Systems and oversees order management, product management, and purchasing systems for the Core Applications team. This individual will focus on defining the vision and strategy for the products area/program based on customer and stakeholder needs, company goals and strategy, and market trends.
They communicate direction and progress to internal teams and external stakeholders, incl. senior management through a product roadmap that shows the high-level initiatives and the planned steps to get there. The Lead Product Manager owns the vision and roadmaps, program backlog and ROI.
The Lead Product Manager knows how to prioritize work against clear outcome oriented goals, how to discover and validate real customer and business value, and what processes are needed to reduce the uncertainty that their products will succeed.
The Lead Product Manager manages a team of Product Owners and Quality Analysts and is responsible for building the strength of their team through ongoing skills assessment and development.
- Understand user/customer needs – Know customers so intimately that the product perfectly meets their needs. As the internal voice of the customer for the solution delivery the Lead Product Manager must work with customers to constantly understand their needs and participate in validation of the proposed solutions.
- Portfolio and program roadmap – Responsible for maintaining a feature and capabilities roadmap based on product vision/strategy and ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Vision and strategy – Defines the vision and strategy for the product line/program based on user and stakeholder needs, an understanding of company goals and strategy, and by looking at the current state of success of their products. Regularly communicates vision, direction and progress to development teams, management and stakeholders.
- Innovation – Evaluate ideas, new technologies and customer feedback to constantly innovate and improve the product.
- Manage and prioritize flow of work – Manage the flow of work though the program and into the program backlog. Provide prioritized high level list of features (backlog) to the Product Owner.
Thinking strategically and looking at the big picture are key for the Lead Product Manager to be successful. This includes being clear on the product’s benefit, key features, and business goals; measuring the product performance; and being aware of market developments and trends.
The Lead Product Manager is the champion for their product and must be able to constantly promote the product, explaining its vision and benefits to motivate the product development team or to ensure buy-in and support from the various stakeholders. The Lead Product Manager must be able to paint a clear and compelling picture of where the product is intended to go and use the product roadmap to chart the course to get there.
The Lead Product Manager must be effective in researching and analyzing the right data to select the few functions and features in the product that are essential to the product’s success. They must be able to support any plan with solid data and use data to effectively inform their product strategy.
The Lead Product Manager must be able to communicate effectively with different roles, and also have the ability to communicate with different personality types on all levels.
Agile & Scrum Knowledge
The Lead Product Manager must understand the agile framework and support their Product Owners and the development team in effectively applying Scrum to constantly enhance their products. They know and embrace lean product concepts like MVP (minimum viable product) and incremental delivery as well as other agile methodologies such as Kanban and know how to effectively combine these to drive success.
Enterprise and domain expertise
The Lead Product Manager needs to have a clear understanding of his/her industry and their users’ use-cases and pains. They are the subject matter experts for the domain of their product line/program. The Lead Product Manager must have an understanding of the company’s business goals and strategies, applying that knowledge to develop solutions that are aligned to these core strategies. He/she possesses a high level of knowledge and expertise in the business processes and services relevant to their product. They understand the relationships and interdependencies of various departments/functions/sites.
- Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, performance driven retail business
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area and/or relevant experience
- Experience in order management and/or product information management systems
- Sound knowledge of the principles of product management
- Ability to act independently requiring minimal oversight, being highly productive, driving and promoting meaningful innovation in an agile environment
- Strong analytical & strategic planning skills; ability to set clear objectives and priorities to drive execution
- Ability to negotiate and prioritize requests from multiple stakeholders to maximize the impact and value for engineering efforts
- Ability to handle changing priorities and to use good judgment when working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain relationships on an enterprise scale, to influence without direct authority
- Ability to make decisions quickly and independently; use of data driven processes for decision making
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Ability to understand high level technical designs and communicate approaches to business partners
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
- Preferred Qualifications
- Scrum Product Owner certification (SCPO)
- 3+ years of a development background in application development and/or technical project management
- 3+ years of experience working in an agile development environment
- Ability to use collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
Lead Product Manager - Order Management Systems
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.