Lead Sales AssociateJob ID R34861
Job Description Details
Sales lead Primary Responsibilities
- Exemplify the “Ultimate Concierge” mindset; passionate about providing exceptional service and understands how to effectively manage issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Coordinate logistics associated with in-store events, educational workshops and in-home delivery services.
- Consistently achieve or exceed weekly, monthly and quarterly store sales goals, enhancing and developing the business;
- Act as a role model by providing an exceptional guest experience by greeting, listening and assisting guest in exceeding their needs
- Ability to demonstrating strong product knowledge as well as being able to coach and train the sales staff
- Attract new clients by acting as a Brand Ambassador through assisting the ASM with networking within the community;
- Drive and exceed store KPI goals, by ensuring the highest level of guest service and quality of sales; by maintaining a strong visible floor presence to support the team
- Maintain 90 % of the guest email capture, for the purposes of connecting with the guest, building relationships and personalizing future guest interaction
- Maintain an active, accurate, neat and organized client book, contacting guest regularly and providing appropriate follow-up on all sales or guest requests;
- Ability to assist guests with advice on general trends in the home furnishing world and developments in the luxury home market, showing passion for luxury products;
- Work as a team player and partner with fellow colleagues, foster open and constructive communication to ensure a consistent exceptional experience and contribute to a positive working environment;
- Assist the Visual Lead in upholding the visual display of all products in accordance with company visual standards;
- Assist the Receiving Lead in the daily operations of the store by maintaining a neat and organized stock room;
- Serve as the first point of contact should a difficult guest issue arise; while empowering and coaching the sales staff how to address difficult issues
- Assists with training and motivating associates to achieve maximum sales productivity and ensures that sales plans are achieved
- Be proactive in Loss Prevention and work with store management to address Loss Prevention concerns, while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Supports and executes directives from Corporate Leadership, GM and ASM to ensure that information is properly communicated to the store team and that all deliverables are completed within specified deadlines.
- Ensures that the guest is the primary focus and all non-selling tasks are secondary
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail and able to do what it takes to go above and beyond for our Guests.
- Ensures that the guests are the primary focus and all non-selling tasks are secondary. The Guest is always our number one priority.
- Assist with Managerial duties such as: opening and closing the store, basic register functions, serves as the GEL and perform any other operational task as needed.
- Provide in the moment coaching and training to Team Member’s productivity and performance
- Serve as the GEL to provide leadership and direction to Team Members, ensures the team understand the daily financial targets and matrix goals.
- Drives the guest experience and ensures resolution of guest issues.
- Ensure store meets visual, replenishment, cleanliness, safety and back of house standards during GEL shifts.
- Assist in holding Team Members accountable for adhering to all company and in store policies and procedures.
- Assist in providing our Team Members expert coaching and training, in selling, product knowledge, visual standards and how to provide an overall exceptional guest experience.
- Communicates with the General Manager and/or ASM of Sales regarding all employee relations, day to day operations and any compliance related matters and to set goals for personal skills development.
- Work with store management to train staff on selling procedures to help achieve sales goals.
- Work with ASM of Sales on managing delivery costs, vendor expenses related to events and in-store gift with purchases
- Provide additional leadership support as needed.
Achieve Sales and Profitability Targets
- Build positive working relationships with Corporate Leadership, GM and ASM of Sales to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
- Responsible for maximizing sales through assisting guests in the selection and purchase of merchandise while following all company policies and procedures.
- Manage payroll effectively and achieve sales/payroll goals; efficiently manages all non-selling activities within budget.
- Assess store metrics and team member behaviors to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
- Responsible for floor leadership activities to drive sales, while maintaining extraordinary guest service and visual presentation.
- Manages controllable expenses to company guidelines and ensures overall profitability targets are met or exceeded.
Collaborate and Builds Teams—Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Be Accountable—Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Builds Diverse Teams—Seeks out and embraces diversity of thought. Ensures all employees feel respected and valued for who they are. Creates an inclusive work environment where everyone can embrace their uniqueness and develop to their full potential.
Inspires Engagement—Leads by example. Communicates effectively and makes people feel valued and appreciated. Deals with conflict and poor performance in a timely and proactive way.
Stays Curious –Always looking to learn and grow. Thinks creatively and is open to new ideas and innovation. Focuses on building skills for the present and future. Learns from mistakes and embraces change.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- 3 years’ experience in specialty retail or guest service equivalent; home furnishing background preferred, but not required.
- Tech savvy: comfortable with mobile devices, tablets and computers
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel occasionally to support new store openings.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.