Maintenance Technician -2nd Shift - 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM Monday - FridayJob ID R37406
Ensure success of Cornerstone Services Inc, operations through the maintenance of all material handling equipment, facility structure and mechanical systems.
Job Description Details
- Support and perform planned and unplanned repairs, and preventive and predictive maintenance for conveyors, sorter equipment and all other production related equipment including dock equipment.
- Perform general facility repairs such as plumbing, electrical, lighting, painting, HVAC, and drywall repair
- Troubleshoot equipment and building issues and identify and implement solutions within company policies.
- Support project work as needed such as rack assembly and furniture moves and reconfiguration.
- Perform all necessary documentation of work performed in a neat, accurate, complete and timely manner using established processes (manual and/or CMMS)
- Attend on-site and off-site technical training as required.
- Perform other cross functional duties as assigned to ensure timely maintenance of equipment and the facility.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- High School graduate or equivalent; Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certification (i.e., electrical, controls, plumbing, welding, etc.) or equivalent military technical training.
- 2-4 years’ experience with mechanical and electrical systems including conveyor/sortation systems or similar equipment, in a fast-paced production environment.
- Knowledge/experience in building maintenance including electrical, plumbing, mechanical and general carpentry.
- Ability to follow company safety policies and perform duties in a safe manner.
- Ability to safely troubleshoot problems with equipment and effectively resolve them.
- Ability to prioritize work when multiple competing demands arise.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and demonstrate professional behavior at all times.
- Ability to work at heights up to 72 feet (with fall protection) in scissor lifts, boom lifts and work platforms.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in hot and cold weather conditions (snow removal, HVAC, etc.)
- Ability to wear required PPE as needed (gloves, glasses, face shields, aprons, possibly air purifying respirator)
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and weekends as needed to ensure coverage for facility operations.
- Ability to handle occasional “on-call” responsibilities.
- Professional and acceptable communication skills, both oral and written.
- Sufficient mobility to access all areas of the building including roofs, and ability to stand for long periods of time; climbing, kneeling and squatting as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet company requirements to operate company vehicles.
- Must be PIT certified or have ability to become PIT certified on all PIT equipment.
- Ability to weld and perform metal fabrication considered a strong plus.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.