Manager - AccountingJob ID R35682
The Accounting Manager is the primary owner of our financial records and will be responsible for leading Cornerstone’s month-end close process and reporting, ensuring compliance with GAAP requirements.
Job Description Details
- Provide leadership to the team of Senior and Staff Accountants, including: delegation of assignments, oversight of individual performance, support career development, and team succession planning.
- Leading the month-end closing process to ensure timely and accurate accounting.
- Ensure journal entries and supporting documents are completed timely and accurately.
- Complete review to ensure that financial statements are correct and GAAP compliant.
- Responsible for proper completion and support for all monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring timely resolution of financial and operational issues, inclusive of the needed follow ups with cross functional department leads within the brand and inter-company support/shared services entities.
- Take a proactive role in company systems, including execution of testing plans for new systems/upgrades, process improvement for legacy systems, and initiation of corrective actions as needed.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting policies for the company.
- Ensuring accounting controls are adequate and functioning properly by recommending, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Work with IT on key enterprise implementation, enhancements and reporting initiatives.
- Participating in various special projects as determined in order to better understand the business operations from a broader corporate scope. Contribute to determining the return on investment of capital expenditures or major projects.
- Support the VP & Corporate Controller in ensuring that business partnership contracts are sound and subsequently executed in according with the mutually agreed terms.
- Maintain a repository of critical business documents, including financial process documentation, tax records, insurance records, etc.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
- A strong work ethic; willing to work to ensure deadlines are met - month end close, monthly financial forecast, annual budget, audit requirements, and tax follow ups.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to develop direct reports.
- The ability to supervise processes and implement improvements where needed.
- A well developed ability to prioritize workflow and effectively delegate when appropriate.
- Strong consulting, problem-solving, and conceptual skills, along with interpersonal skills necessary to work with various levels of management.
- A positive attitude and an intellectual curiosity to investigate variance issues. Also must possess keen attention to detail and organization.
- The ability to be a team-player while using initiative and persistence to get results.
- The ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- 7 to 10 years of strong experience with month end close, external audits, budgets, forecasts and analysis.
- Intermediate MS Excel experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley is required.
- Prior project or process leadership required, prior direct supervisory experience required.
- Prior experience with accounting and financial management systems required, experience working with Lawson, Hyperion, retail order management systems, and data warehouses are a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
- MBA (or comparable graduate degree) or CPA strongly preferred.
- Ensure financial statements are accurately stated and closed timely.
- Coach team members on accounting policies and processes.
- Develop the needed business reporting/improve existing reporting to ensure concise communication of results.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.