Manager of Security & SafetyJob ID R36157
Job Description Details
Manager – Security & Safety
Manages and serves as the organizational leader for the all security and safety programs for Cornerstone Services (fulfillment, call center, corporate offices, and retail). Engage Leadership and team members on daily basis to continue to develop a culture of world class safety and security. Develops and carries out vision, procedures and training to effectively control and improve risk exposures and safety. Has a strong partnership with leadership in Fulfillment, Office, Call Center and Retail environments. This position also leads our Safety Specialist position.
- Lead safety and security programs and initiatives
- Ensure Leadership understands security/safety policies and procedures, as well as applicable Federal and State regulations (incl. OSHA compliance)
- Ensure security/safety policies and procedures are adhered to by Team Members, temporary employees, contractors, and visitors
- Review, update, and communicate the facility security/safety procedures; conduct inspections and any necessary follow up
- Plan, prepare, track, conduct and/or audit security/loss prevention/safety training and awareness programs
- Maintain compliant and up-to-date files, manuals, records, and reports
- Manage emergency procedures; respond to alarm or emergency events and/or assist personnel in responding and take control as needed
- Prepare and maintain departmental budget; recommend and assist in the purchase of security/safety equipment; prepare capital proposals and follow to completion
- Keep apprised of new developments in federal/state laws and industry best practices that are likely to affect or are applicable to the company
- Develop proactive programs and reports to identify and eliminate potential losses or risk
- Conduct internal and external loss prevention / security investigations and interviews; escalate issues as necessary; represent Cornerstone in related court cases as needed.
- Audit security controls
- Primary point of contact for day-to-day escalation events
- Manage the facility contract guard operation
- Manage, operate, and ensure proper maintenance of equipment including alarms, CCTV, metal detection, card-access and badges, radios, etc.
- Respond to/investigate Workplace violence and threat assessment leadership
- Crisis management leadership and adverse weather support
- Train threat assessment team members on threat assessment responsibilities and role
- Train and educate team members on all aspects of security awareness
- Knowledge of incident escalation procedures/protocols
- Maintain a strong relationship with external agencies, specifically local and federal law enforcement and fire department
- Develop security standards across all CBI locations
- Lead the Safety Specialist
- In conjunction with Safety Specialist:
- Promote a safe work environment to reduce/prevent accidents and injuries
- Identify unsafe conditions and acts, propose solutions, and project manage/facilitate to ensure safety issues are resolved in conjunction with business partners
- Conduct, lead, or advise/assist departments with accident investigations
- Review accidents and notify leadership of results and recommendations
- Input, track and analyze accident information; identify trends and key problem areas and communicate to management
- Partner with management and the department level Safety Ambassadors to develop action plans to reduce workplace injuries and incidents and to promote involvement in safety programs
- Oversight and leadership for Safety Ambassador program
- Support all daily, monthly and annual reporting requirements
- Facilitate property insurer inspections; communicate and manage recommendations
- Fire alarm, severe weather and evacuation drills, preparation and leadership
Keys to Success
Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 5+ years of security/loss prevention/safety management experience in a distribution, warehouse, retail, or manufacturing environment
- College degree or additional equivalent work experience in loss prevention/safety management
- Additional qualifications may include professional certifications (i.e. CIH, CSP, etc.), and/or successful completion of a recognized interview/interrogation program
- Successful experience with occupational safety management and accident-reduction methods to include running effective awareness programs and knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations including OSHA, DOT, and fire code
- Successful experience with loss prevention management methods to include controlling shortage, alarm and CCTV knowledge, and an ability to identify, investigate and resolve internal, external, and error losses
- Strong analytical, organizational, change management, strategic planning, and time management skills with an ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and work without direct on-site supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to maintain excellent working relationships, motivate, and interact effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must complete and maintain CPR/First-Aid Trainer certification
- Must meet physical requirements that include an ability to lift up to and including 50 pounds; walking, climbing stairs and ladders; working in environments that are not climate controlled
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves"
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill and Grandin Road (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.