Merchant (Cinmar)Job ID R40445
Job Description Details
The Merchant’s primary responsibility is to develop and assort product to achieve financial and brand objectives. The successful candidate will merchandise across multiple channels to maximize sales, margins and inventory turnover while promoting brand image and product quality.
- Partners with the merchandise director to develop and implement business strategies that maximize sales, margins and inventory productivity.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of how to maximize business strategies across catalog, ecommerce, and retail.
- Works collaboratively with the planning team to develop buy plans insure timely product delivery.
- Develops new, proprietary products utilizing internal and external product design and development resources.
- Sources new products globally through new and existing vendors, sourcing trips, trade shows, trade publications and magazines.
- Conducts effective and innovative negotiations with vendors to establish the most competitive pricing including terms, freight, and return policies; product exclusivity agreements; the right to “first look” at new products; and to secure advertising allowances.
- Develops merchandise assortments aligned to our customer needs and brand positioning.
- Tracks the performance of each product via sales, profit, and returns analysis thereby developing and recommending effective ongoing product strategies.
- Provides suggestions on product presentation to creative teams.
- Remains knowledgeable about market trends and competitor’s products.
- Manages associate/assistant employee development and role responsibilities.
- 3-5 years buying and/or product development experience with demonstrable success.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Marketing, Merchandising or related field or Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to think pro-actively, is resourceful and persistent.
- Ability to be self-directed and manage multiple priorities simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with a team, communicate direction, and delegate.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must be available for domestic and international travel.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.