Merchant (Frontgate Mktg)Job ID R42612
Job Description Details
The Seasonal Décor Merchant for Grandinroad is responsible for developing and selecting product for the Grandinroad customer/brand in order to achieve our financial, brand, and customer objectives. The position will Merchandise across multiple channels (catalogs and web) to maximize sales, margin and inventory turnover while promoting brand and product quality.
The successful candidate will have global merchandising and product development experience, and have experience merchandising for a direct to consumer, multi channel brand(s). The candidate will have broad knowledge of sales-driving product aligned with the Grandinroad brand and customer. Additionally, the candidate will have a strong track record in negotiating with vendors, and meeting tight deadlines.
Other important attributes:
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver - innovator
- Strong results orientation and drive for success - action orientated
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Dynamic team member who can work independently across levels and functions- fosters engagement
- Has strong attention to detail and follow through
- Develop merchandise assortments/offers by sourcing new products globally through new and existing vendors. Actively participate in international sourcing trips, attend trade shows, and conduct marketplace/competitive scans.
- Develop new, proprietary products utilizing internal and external product design resources.
- Conduct effective negotiations with vendors to establish competitive pricing and MOQs, as well as other vendor terms such as exclusivity agreements, freight, return policies, and the right of “first look” at new products.
- In response to category and product performance, adjust product/assortment strategies by tracking sales, margin, profit and returns on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and by offer.
- Create/present competitive reviews for assigned categories, and recommend short and long term strategies based on them.
- Provide direction/insight regarding product presentation and copy to the Creative team, and participate in pagination of catalog and other Creative processes/meetings.
- Works collaboratively with the Inventory Planning team to develop buy plans that insure timely product delivery.
Strategic Thinker: Proactive change agent who can juggle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment while communicating the company’s vision/mission to vendors and internal partners. Develop and present merchandising recommendations based on category and product-level analysis across all channels.
Results Driven: High energy, self directed and intrinsically motivated to drive results and achieve goals. Strong communicator who has the ability to influence and drives results by maneuvering through road blocks and develops creative solutions.
Team Member: Team member who communicates passion, energy, and excitement and has high emotional intelligence. Authentically celebrates individual and team for achieving significant milestones and goals.
- 3-5 years buying and/or product development experience with demonstrated success in growing a category
- Prior experience in international sourcing and international vendor negotiation
- Prior leadership experience within a merchandising team
- Available to travel 4-6 weeks a year both domestically and internationally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelors Degree in Merchandising or related field, or Associates Degree with equivalent experience.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.