MerchantJob ID R35315
Job Description Details
The Merchant – Home Furniture for Grandinroad is responsible for developing and selecting product for the Grandinroad customer/brand in order to achieve our financial, brand, and customer objectives. The position will Merchandise across multiple channels (catalogs and web) to maximize sales, margin and inventory turnover while promoting brand and product quality.
- Develop merchandise assortments/offers by sourcing new products globally through new and existing vendors. Conduct international sourcing trips, attend trade shows, and conduct marketplace/competitive scans.
- Develop new, proprietary products utilizing internal and external product design resources
- Conduct effective negotiations with vendors to establish competitive pricing and other vendor terms such as freight, return policies, exclusivity agreements, the right of “first look” at new products and advertising allowances consistent with internal policies and aligned with brand.
- In response to category and product performance, adjust product/assortment strategies by tracking sales, margin, profit and returns on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and by offer.
- Create/present competitive reviews for assigned categories, and recommend short and long term strategies based on them.
- Provide direction/insight regarding product presentation and copy to the Creative team, and participate in pagination of catalog and other Creative processes/meetings.
- Provide projected sales plan and market place analysis to Inventory Planning team, and collaborate with them to develop “buy plans” including amount and timing of inventory to purchase to insure timely customer delivery.
- 3-5 years buying and/or product development experience in home furniture category with demonstrated success in growing a category
- Prior experience in international sourcing and international vendor negotiation
- Prior leadership experience managing a direct report
- Available to travel 30-50% both domestically and internationally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelors Degree in Merchandising or Marketing or related field, or Associates Degree with equivalent experience.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of five interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, Garnet Hill and Improvements. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.