Network Engineer IIJob ID R41056
At Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA) we believe in a Third Way to ShopSM – beyond transactional e-commerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores – for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences.
We're a select group of like-minded businesses that provide customers with curated collections of unique products, made personal and relevant by the power of storytelling. We combine the best of retail, media and social to curate experiences, conversations, and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers. We bring joy, inspiration, and humanity to shopping. We also curate large audiences, across our many platforms, for our thousands of brand vendors.
Job Description Details
As a member of the Enterprise Networking Team this Engineer will perform the necessary facilitation, engineering, and support tasks related to Networking with a solid level of technical expertise. Responsibilities include the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the Enterprise LAN/WAN in a large E-Commerce and corporate environment. He or she should be able to work independently, as well as with a team - assigning tasks as necessary to project team members.
A Day in the Life
- Work with vendors to prepare BOMs; create design/Visio documents.
- Assist with reviewing the current environment, detecting critical deficiencies, and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Implement complex LAN/WAN and Data Center infrastructure utilizing the industry's best practice and systems integration of several platforms including UNIX and NT systems.
- Perform physical installation, configuration, and implementation of network hardware.
- Gauge network health, manage the Cisco routers/switches and other network components; manage Internet, Intranet, and third party connections, and use diagnostics and monitoring tools for matrix reporting.
- Contribute to network operations practices, standards, measurements, and reporting requirements.
- Actively provide architecture and implementation of current networking technology solutions within a multi-campus environment.
- Secure the data infrastructure from potential external and internal threats.
- Advise on security measures to protect the data, reliability, and integrity of the infrastructure.
- Maintain compliance levels with SOX, PCI, and governing authorities.
- Participate in 24x7, on-call rotation with other team members.
Keys to Success
At Cornerstone Services, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- At least 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related field, or equivalent amount of technical work experience.
- Expertise and experience in building, monitoring, and troubleshooting a Cisco centric environment.
- Knowledge of Cisco Nexus series of switches.
- Expertise and experience in routing and switching, network protocols (i.e. spanning-tree, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, LACP, vPC), and Data Center Network Architecture concepts.
- Knowledge and experience in WAN Technologies (i.e. MPLS, E-Line, Metro Ethernet, WAN Optimization).
- Experience implementing QoS and knowledge of VOIP concepts.
- Experience in troubleshooting network issues, running and analyzing packet captures.
- Experience with Load Balancers.
- Experience with Network Firewalls (i.e. ASA, Check Point).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-driven and self-motivated. Accustomed to being the go-to person.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Experience managing and supporting multiple Data Centers and highly critical connectivity paths to remote sites.
- F5 LTM and GTM.
- Check Point Firewalls, Cisco VPN.
- Riverbed SteelHead and SteelCentral.
- Aruba Wireless.
- InfoBlox DNS.
- Scripting capabilities in one or more of the following - Python, TCL, Perl, or Shell.
- Cisco Certifications (i.e. CCIE).
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.