Operations Manager - Cornerstone ServicesJob ID R42571
Job Description Details
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Operations, the selected candidate will be responsible for day to day activities and strategic initiatives for the organization on 2nd Shift in our 450,000 sq. ft. non-conveyable distribution center (Tradeport) in West Chester, OH. This position will lead the 2nd Shift operations team and will be directly responsible for leadership development, budgeting, productivity and quality initiatives.
- Lead a diverse staff of 30-40 hourly associates and approximately 2-3 Supervisors.
- Plan, organize and manage the day-to-day operations of an off-site facility
- Ensure that department productivity goals are achieved or exceeded
- Maintain and improve customer service goals and expectations
- Maintain proper staffing levels to achieve department goals
- Plan and oversee annual budget
- Maintain excellent communication within the department and with other departments
- Hire, train, motivate and develop direct reports
- Coordinate and manage all distribution activities including: shipping, receiving, equipment operators, and inventory control
- Ensure that department productivity and cost per unit goals are achieved
- Monitor and manage product placement to maximize product density and space utilization
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed in all operations
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive implementation of solutions
- Share and leverage continuous improvement opportunities and best practices with other DC’s
- Ensure all aging inventory and order categories are kept within their specified commitment range
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years experience in a distribution management capacity
- High volume consumer product distribution center experience
- Experience managing a large (450,000 sq. ft. +) off-site distribution center or a start up operation
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational development skills
- Good motivation and problem solving skills
- The ability to interact effectively with a variety of people at all levels of the organization
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.