Operations Supervisor (Cornerstone Srvcs) - Tradeport Second ShiftJob ID R44534
Job Description Details
Be a part of the dynamic operations team within our West Chester distribution center. The overall responsibility of the Operations Supervisor is to ensure that service levels are being met pertaining to production goals and quality on a daily basis, as well as to provide training, development and leadership to ensure associates are productive and successful.
A Day in the Life
- Meet all service level requirements and monitor workflow pertaining to assigned department.
- Responsible for performance related to meeting/exceeding company standards, holding associates accountable, performing follow-ups, and ensuring standards are being maintained at all times.
- Maintain and issue all paperwork related to performance, procedures, and evaluations in a timely manner.
- Train, develop, and give recognition to associates.
- Promote a safe, clean, and organized work environment at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service with a commitment to perform at or above expected service levels.
- Responsible for daily staffing needs, including the transfer of hours out of and into the department.
- All other duties as directed by CSI management
Keys to Success
At Cornerstone Services, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in a Distribution Center environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and handle multi-task situations while delegating accordingly.
- Looks at situations with an open mind to determine the best way to proceed.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports for production and quality, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strives to exceed all company requirements and industry standards related to the job.
- Promotes a professional work environment at all times.
- Has the ability to train, develop and motivate associates to become successful, thereby increasing job satisfaction and improving retention.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and ability required to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to work in an environment with moderate variations in temperature.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet the performance standards of the position.
- The ability to readily understand, respond and react to both oral and written work direction.
Nice to Haves
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience supervising personnel in a Distribution Center environment is preferred
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.