Production Graphic Designer (Cinmar)Job ID R37807
Job Description Details
POSITION PRODUCTION GRAPHIC DESIGNER
LOCATION WEST CHESTER, OH
Grandin Road is known for fashionable home furnishings and accessories with unique, colorful style. We offer stylish and functional products for every area of your home including the front porch, entryway, living room, bedroom, kitchen, home office, and outdoor spaces. We can always find something to celebrate, from holidays to the everyday.
The Grandin Road creative team is looking for a Production Graphic Designer to join our dynamic in-house team. This role is responsible for assisting the print and web graphic designers on projects. If you pride yourself in the quality of your work and are a stickler for the details, then we encourage you to join our fun, talented team. We work closely with partners across all functions including merchants, product design, eCommerce and Marketing.
The Production Graphic Designer will...
- Prepare layout and design following format guidelines and brand styling
- Demonstrate ability to maintain brand consistency and standards across all media
- Assist with the design and execution of all daily, seasonal and triggered multiple emails in partnership with eCommerce, Marketing and Creative that tell compelling stories, promote our products and meet business objectives
- Utilize data-driven business information to guide design
- Crop images and prep files for social assets
- Assist with the production of image assets for web and on-site personalization
- Route all campaigns for approval to appropriate business partners
- Share designs and assets with team
- Assist with copy and design edits on catalogs
- Develop email design templates, style and components
- Evaluate layouts with art directors, offering solutions
- Use strong storytelling/layout, graphics and typography skills
- Work with copywriters on presentation and layout challenges
- Prepare all files for final output including linking scans, flowing copy, and making corrections
- Maintain and check files for technical accuracy
- Coordinate and support up-to-date image accuracy and consistency
- Assist in the preparation of creative presentation meetings
- Demonstrate proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and MS Word
- Scope of projects includes emails, catalogs, digital, and other print advertising
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS a plus
- Collaborate with and support creative team members
- Minimum of three years related experience as a graphic designer in retail, eCommerce, catalog, or magazine environment.
- Retail email design experience
- Solid typography skills with the ability to utilize visual hierarchy in promotions and messaging
- Proficiency using Mac platform, InDesign, Adobe XD or Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, MS Office Products
- Expertise required in InDesign working with style guides and formatting
- Strong knowledge of print and web production required
- Digital experience or animation a plus
- Strong multi-tasking skills for juggling multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to independently adhere to project calendar, manage time, and prioritize daily workload
- Ability to see colors accurately for reviewing proofs and labeling colors on layouts
- Team player who can inspire and positively contribute the company culture
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication, or equivalent combination of education and experience
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.