Safety Supervisor - Cornerstone FulfillmentJob ID R43098
Organizational leader for day-to-day execution and support of safety programs for Cornerstone Services fulfillment operations. Engage Leadership and team members on daily basis to continue to develop a culture of world class safety. Measure, monitor and improve safe work practices across a 5 building fulfillment network as well as corporate offices, retail, and call center environments.
Job Description Details
- Promote a culture of safety and a safe work environment to reduce/prevent accidents and injuries by working in partnership with all levels of the Cornerstone Brands Team.
- Identify unsafe acts and conditions, Determine root cause, and propose solutions.
- Manage/facilitate safety incidents, plans, and projects ensuring issues are resolved in conjunction with business partners.
- Lead, and/or assist departments with accident investigations. Provide results and recommendations to leadership.
- Attend daily start up meetings and conduct daily safety walks.
- Report, track and analyze accident information; identify trends and key problem areas.
- Provide EHS reports to senior leadership. Manage OSHA 300 Logs.
- Partner with management and the department level Safety Ambassadors to develop action plans to reduce workplace injuries and incidents and to promote involvement in safety programs.
- Lead Safety Ambassador / Safety Committee program.
- Develop/implement Safety Culture and Behavior Based Safety Assessments.
- Audit safety procedures and training programs (including PIT training). Address opportunities for improvement.
- Provide subject matter expertise on EHS program.
- Participate in all annual certifications, registrations, OSHA requirements, and training.
- Emergency Response Planning - Fire, severe weather, evacuation, disaster preparedness. Oversee Emergency Response teams and facilitate annual training.
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree in Safety Science, and a demonstrated equivalent business experience.
- 2-3 years of work experience in field of Health and Safety.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local safety and health regulations, specifically OSHA 29 CFR 1910 – General Industries Regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, motivating and coaching.
- Strong planning, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Individual must be highly collaborative and able to deliver positive results when leading others who are not direct reports.
- OSHA General Industry 10 and 30 hour certification, OSHA Outreach Trainer a plus.
- CPR and AED cerified
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.