Senior AccountantJob ID R37065
Be a part of the dynamic Financial Services team within our 1 million sq ft union center facility. position will monitor, account, report and analyze multiple business units operating expenditures against the general ledger, budget and forecast. Establish strong working relationships with the business units leadership to coordinate the monthly forecasting and annual budget expenditures for these business units.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
• Ability to accurately assist in preparing monthly forecasts
• Maintain monthly analysis regarding actual results versus budget and forecast; explain variances and fluctuations
• Collaborate with other business partners relating to accounting, financial reporting or other types of analysis projects
• Serve as primary source for auditors’ needs related to the preparation of audit schedules as they pertain to quarterly, annual or interim audit proceedings
• Ensure compliance with all aspects of internal controls and appropriately document compliance in accordance with the company’s compliance plan for Sarbanes Oxley
• Complete and distribute monthly reports and analysis of the company at the business entity as it relates to profit & loss
• Reconcile and monitor financial accounts on a monthly basis
• Assist in month-end closing procedures including preparation of accruals and other journal entries
• Create/analyze/distribute any type of ad hoc reporting as needed on a timely basis
• Participate in or lead projects for new business initiatives and structures
• Implementation and maintenance of new and existing policies and procedures
Keys to Success
At Cornerstone Services, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance
• 5 plus years’ experience in Reporting/Analysis w/Accounting
• Strong analytical ability
• Strong consulting, problem-solving, and conceptual skills, along with interpersonal skills necessary to work with various levels of management
• Ability to manage processes and projects with minimal direction.
• Self-motivated, positive attitude and an intellectual curiosity to investigate variance issues.
• Ability to be a team-player while using initiative and persistence to get results.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead project teams.
Nice to Haves
• CPA certification and / or advanced education a plus.
• Skilled with Hyperion functionalities.
• Ability to interact with MIS departments relating to accounting requirements.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.