Senior Art DirectorJob ID R41913
Job Description Details
A role with Frontgate Creative means you’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports marketing strategy, planning and execution of all brand creative efforts in every channel from print, catalog and retail to digital and video. As a Senior Art Director you are a highly experienced creative professional who will seamlessly collaborate with cross-functional teams along with the Creative Director, managing the Art Direction team to deliver strategic, on-brand creative across all channels that delivers results. You must have a strong ability as a leader to take a proactive, global approach to assigned projects including planning and execution of studio and location photography shoots while maintaining efficiency with budget. You will be expected multi-task to manage, grow and develop a small team while contributing hands-on to deliver cohesive branded campaigns across all channels to inspire our customer and tell our story. You must also be highly solution-focused, detail-oriented and adaptable in your approach to projects, feedback and business partner relationships. You take a strong merchandising slanted approach to creative—it’s your job to clearly communicate why our product is better to our customer. Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Inspire, lead and coach the art direction team to foster growth and career path development
- Ideate and clearly articulate creative concepts and strategic vision for each project and motivate team to achieve the vision
- Use the power of persuasion with business partners and executive leadership to gain upstream alignment
- Own and lead projects, driving cross-functional team collaboration and delivering desired results on strategic initiatives
- Own, lead and manage projects to synergize internal design, digital, photo and copy teams to deliver at all execution milestones
- Own and lead and innovate dynamic workflow processes, maintaining quality while improving efficiency
- Be a constant student of retail competitors and other sources of inspiration, leading the Art Direction team by example, citing references to influence new approaches to strategy, design and photography
- Evaluate and adapt creative strategies to optimize performance
- Partner with photo production to build and grow roster of set design, photo and prop styling talent
- Partner with photo production to optimize studio shoot logistics and resources
- Other duties as assigned
- BFA or BA in a related field
- 7+ years of in a role an omnichannel retail brand incorporating marketing strategy, design, and photo art direction
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing photo direction and graphic design expertise
- Proven ability to establish vision and motivate others to achieve it
- Extensive on-set studio and location photo direction experience
- Expert understanding of photography and lighting
- Expert knowledge of typography, retouching, printing process & color proofing
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks of a team by the hour, day and week to consistently deliver in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to earn trust of business partners with consistent, clear communication and accountability
- Proven ability to persuade business partners and leadership with ideas
- Mac proficient with expertise in Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, MS Word and Excel
- Passionate, positive, hardworking, dynamic team player
- Experience with data-driven decision making
- Expert Social media platform knowledge
- Technical knowledge of photography
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.