Senior Systems Engineer - VMware - CiscoJob ID R39913
At Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA) we believe in a Third Way to ShopSM – beyond transactional e-commerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores – for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences.
We're a select group of like-minded businesses that provide customers with curated collections of unique products, made personal and relevant by the power of storytelling. We combine the best of retail, media and social to curate experiences, conversations, and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers. We bring joy, inspiration, and humanity to shopping. We also curate large audiences, across our many platforms, for our thousands of brand vendors.
Job Description Details
Senior Systems Engineer - Systems Administration
The Virtualization and Compute Engineering team provides VMware and Cisco UCS administration globally in a 24/7 highly available environment.
The Senior Engineer will support highly complex systems including integration, security and high level VMware and Cisco UCS administration. This individual provides input regarding future direction, performing design and implementation of global infrastructure initiatives.
A Day in the Life
- Serve as a contributor to and influencer of detailed designs, functional and technical for all projects.
- Provide expertise and recommend optimal solutions to meet technical and business requirements.
- Responsible for driving and delivering on strategic planning, design, and support of global Virtualization and Compute server infrastructure including business recovery and continuity planning.
- Ability to drive output in a highly collaborative environment with the ability to organize and coordinate teams towards a common goal.
- Collaborate with other Infrastructure Engineering team members in the development, presentations, and demonstration of operational systems.
- Oversight and accountability for resolution of global VMware and Cisco UCS server infrastructure.
- BS or BA in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise server platforms in a 300+ VMware server farm environment.
- 7+ years’ experience with VMware and Cisco UCS Administration.
- Outstanding customer focused communication and relationship soft skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with proven documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly by email, teleconference, or other methods deemed necessary to perform job responsibilities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority project deliverables.
Nice to Haves:
- Hands-on experience working with VMware vSphere (ESXi), vCenter, and Cisco UCS technologies in a large enterprise.
- VMware Certified Professional.
- Powershell scripting and automation skills relative to infrastructure technologies.
- Solid understanding of disaster recovery methods and practical experience in planning and execution.
- Vendor management and engagement experience.
- Networking concepts and functional knowledge of Cisco technologies.
- Experience working in a retail or direct to consumer ecommerce environment.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.