Software Engineer - Oracle (Cornerstone Srvcs)Job ID R44859
Job Description Details
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing, debugging, and documentation of software in accordance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Enhance, maintain, and administer a portfolio of applications developed using Oracle’s Application Express
- Design and develop Oracle database objects including tables, stored procedures, packages, views, and triggers
- Design and implement data integrations between internal and external systems
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Gather technical requirements including creating technical designs and own technical communication with internal and external IT teams, vendors, and business partners
- Effectively prioritizes and manages assignments to meet timelines and budget
- Responsible for technical documentation of functionality for both production implementation planning and post production support
- Participates in production support on a rotating basis and documents issue resolutions
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable level of experience
- 3+ years of database development and design experience primarily focused on Oracle PL/SQL including the ability to create complex queries, procedures and other database objects
- 3+ years of experience in business application design, development, and installation
- Experience integrating with multiple enterprise wide systems
- Working knowledge of web services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Hands on development experience with technologies that enable messaging, including XML, WSDL, SOAP, JMS, REST, JSON, HTTP and SSL
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Order Management and/or Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Experience with enterprise job scheduling tools like Appworx or UC4
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.