Sourcing SpecialistJob ID R41167
Job Description Details
Detailed Job Description
Job Mission: Management of product development and sourcing for assigned categories/area in all countries
- Drive proprietary product development to decrease time to market
- Continually increase quality, standards, and margin while maintaining Frontgate/Grandin Road’s established business
- Increase project capacity & productivity
- Partner with Product Design, Quality & Compliance, Merchandising & Inventory to manage assigned projects for cost effective timely product development with adequate lead-time for stock
- Ensure that the Frontgate/Grandin Road brands are represented in each product with proper standards in quality, branding, packaging ...
- Train and/or maintain training established with each vendor, agent and forwarder regarding Frontgate/Grandinroad routines (i.e. drop testing, factory evaluation, all aspects of pd routine, emails, labeling/ packaging, quality standards, new vendor training, vendor compliance, product testing, trips …)
- Provide sound judgment and decision making from learnings through each project
- Learn, maintain and grow partnerships with each agent, vendor and forwarder
- Import/regulations compliance – classify items in development, maintain required item records, ensure import and US regulations followed for each item
- Maintain vendor & agent detailed records
- Item Records – all product development records are to be complete and accurate
- Price increases – prepare chart accurately with all details for Sourcing review before sent to Merch; negotiate with agent/vendor.
- Prepare PD folders with each daily email. Save item records to the drive.
- Support Quality & Compliance team as needed for package testing, quality and vendor compliance issues
Project Management & Planning
- Actively drive internal and external partners to/ahead PD Calendar deadlines for timely product development to ensure new items are in stock at deadlines
- Maintain all reports to keep projects/documents organized and updated – product development packets, accurate spec sheets, Work Group reports …
- Work Group Meetings – prepare for the WG meeting in assigned category. Partner with Sourcing Assistant to ensure that WG is current with updates following each WG meeting. Set example of team work and accountability required for WG meetings.
Agent and Vendor Management
- Train and maintain established culture and expectations with each agent/vendor to Frontgate/Grandin Road routines and standards
- Proficiently manage vendors and agents for continuous performance improvement
- Build partnerships with internal and external teams, remove obstacles and work across teams to ensure projects and initiatives are completed by deadlines.
- Mentor team members to grow in experience and within their position
- Set a culture and environment that is team work driven to accomplish category goal
- Perform all Sourcing routines surrounding Sourcing trips preparation and follow-up
- Represent Frontgate/Grandin Road professionally in all travel (domestic + international). Set example, organize and pace appointments to ensure each project and agenda point accomplished. Keep all records from appointments through trip notes, digitals. Develop agents and vendors.
- Support team as needed when team members traveling
- College degree required
- 2+ years of sourcing experience required
- Extremely organized, experience with large volume of projects and project management preferred
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills. Quick learner.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize and work within all levels of the organization
- Ability to function independently or in a team and show sound judgment in a fast paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
- Able to multi task, prioritize critical issues and work within all levels of the organization
- Enjoy working collaboratively and across many cultures
- Outlook, Excel – proficient required
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
Qurate Retail Group supports the growth and career progression of internal employees. As our organization continues to expand, QRG will support relocation for designated positions and company-initiated assignments. Other support may be offered at the hiring manager’s discretion. To determine if relocation assistance is available, please review the position posting details.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.