Sr Designer (Frontgate Mktg)Job ID R43147
Job Description Details
- Work with Sr. Director of Merchandising to develop and support the creation of broader concepts, seasonal and core design direction that achieve overall merchandising vision and Brand Strategy.
- Pre-develop new ideas and concepts as requested for Concept Presentations. Identify key ideas to be developed and collaborate with Sr. Director of Merchandising.
- Translate global trends into concepts and designs that respond to business needs for relevant product categories.
- Develop SKU-level designs from conception through revisions to final sample approval - that support seasonal concepts and big ideas, merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. Present to President and Sr. Director of Merchandising for review and approval.
- Create and deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to "sell" concepts and designs to merchants and executive team.
- Present pre-sketches and final specs to Merchandising and Sourcing, collaborate with Merchandising on final sketches. Present final-sketches to Executive team.
- Travel for inspiration and collaborate with merchandising to review and approve proprietary seasonal designs.
- Research both assigned product development categories and general market. Gather market data on key home and fashion trends and interpret results for the brand. Collaborate with Sr. Director of Merchandising to formulate and propose competitive strategy.
- Work with Sr. Director of Merchandising to create presentation boards as well as participating in the physical Concept Showroom Presentation set up's that are shown to internal business partners.
- Drive creative and inspirational thinking, be deadline and decision driven. Continually excel in excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Maintain brand P.O.V. through collaboration with design leader and peers, merchants and vendors.
- Manage the creative process for design category and execution of designs, collaborate with design team, cross-functional merchant and sourcing partners, manufacturers/vendors.
- Manage product development process for category from initial concepts through final sample approval.
- Lead meetings and discussions to drive decisions.
- Ensure product design packages are complete, accurate and handed off to sourcing and merchant partners. Draft designs and develop clear CAD drawings and 3-D modelling when necessary.
- Lead collaboration with teams and communicate effectively through the design life-cycle, utilizing effective cross-functional & vendor-relations skills.
- Manage and ensure all project adherence to master calendar deadlines, utilizing strong organizational and scheduling skills. Manage design projects and processes.
- Communicate product development status, updates and calendar adherence to leader and cross-functional teams.
- Manage, organize and maintain sample and swatch library. Create and maintain PD tracking and project binders each season.
- Lead by example to cultivate a positive company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related degree is preferred.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in design/drafting and specifying furniture or home decor products in a fast-paced environment. Upholstery experience is a plus.
- Must be passionate about interior design and furniture design.
- Excellent 2 & 3D sketching and Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook, and strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Expertise in one of the following: 3D Design, Solid Edge, Solid Works, Inventor.
- Ability to function independently or in a team and show sound judgment in a fast paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency
- Must be detail oriented and very organized.
- Able to multi task, prioritize critical issues and work within all levels of the organization
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
- Exceptional commitment and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Understands branding.
- Broad knowledge of competitors and trends.
- Creative and innovative.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.