Sr Manager of Outbound OperationsJob ID R38282
Job Description Details
The Role: Senior Manager of Outbound Operations
The Senior Manager for Outbound Operations is responsible for all strategic initiatives and day to day activities for Outbound Operations in our 1 million sq. ft. conveyable distribution center located in West Chester, OH. This position leads our talented operations teams including pick, pack, ship, slappers, replenishment, quality audit and outbound customer service. S/he is directly responsible for leadership development, budgeting, productivity and quality initiatives spanning three shifts and typically 6 full days of operation. Direct reports include 8 Supervisors on three shifts.
- Leads and develops a diverse staff of 150 to 450 Team Members and 7-13 supervisors
- Hires, trains, motivates and develops direct reports
- Plans and maintains proper staffing levels to support volume variations
- Ensures all Team Members have the necessary training, knowledge, tools and support to be successful
- Responsible for managing all KPI’s including cost, quality and safety
- Coordinates and manages all direct to consumer and retail distribution activities including: picking, packing, replenishing, QA, wave planning, shipping, and inventory control
- Creates annual operating budget in conjunction with finance
- Leads the Outbound Customer Service team that is the liaison between the DC, Operations and the call center for customer concerns
- Supports the department and building safety through training, education, accountability and cleanliness
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities and drive implementation of solutions
- Supports and monitors the hourly incentive program performances and opportunities
- Ensures an engaging workplace for all associates
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, supply chain or related field is preferred
- 5-10 years DC experience managing others in a fast paced DC environment
- Ability to create and communicate strategic vision
- Passionate about the customer experience and demonstrated track record in driving that experience.
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Commitment to ongoing personal professional development
- Direct to consumer, retail distribution/fulfillment center experience strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate/manage to all levels within the operation and brands.
- Demonstrated track record in developing others
- Strong analytical skills including previous planning and forecasting experience
- Ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership to support both future growth and day to day activities
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.