Transportation Analytics PlannerJob ID R41774
The Transportation Analytics Planner will control and provide a fully visible expediting function for all of Cornerstone Shared Services domestic and international inbound shipments. An analytical approach will be utilized to support the business.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Data analytics support for process improvement projects, new functionality changes, and new carrier implementations.
- Lead analysis and business changes to support company growth.
Cross Dock Management
- Manage workflow of our cross dock operations to ensure we receive inbound product in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Manage cross dock compliance.
- Initiate accurate advanced shipment notifications to our cross dock.
- Establish KPIs and review performance with the cross dock.
Partnership with Management
- Sourcing new and existing carriers to support business needs and control cost. This includes the ocean carriers, dray providers, linehaul carriers from cross dock to fulfillment centers, and domestic linehaul carriers.
- Working with carriers and the corporate procurement team to analyze carrier rates.
- Building and maintaining relationships with carriers to further develop strong shipping network.
- Manage and analyze rates to ensure successful planning and purchasing of international inventory.
- Drive vendor compliance queries when required.
- Manage promotion of overage, shortage and damage issues to claims.
Keys to Success
At Cornerstone Services, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Strong/proven organization and planning skills, and using analytics to make decisions.
- Excellent communicator and problem solver.
- Proficient level of Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Access).
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice to Haves
- Data analytics background a plus.
- Experience with international importing and cross dock operations a plus.
- Knowledge and experience analyzing truckload, intermodal, less than truckload and ocean moves and the cost associated with each is a positive.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.