Transportation Planner InboundJob ID R41774
To control and provide a fully visible expediting function for all of Cornerstone Shared Services domestic and international inbound shipments, enabling internal customers to fully understand the status and progress of all orders. Establish and maintain good communication links with Vendors, Forwarders and all internal/external customers.
Job Description Details
Cross Dock Management
- Manage workflow of our cross dock operations to ensure we receive inbound product in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Manage cross dock compliance.
- Support accurate ASN submissions to our cross dock.
- To provide and establish KPIs and review performance with the cross dock.
- Sourcing new and existing carriers to support business needs and control cost. This includes the ocean carriers, dray providers, linehaul carriers from cross dock to Cornerstone DC’s, and domestic carriers.
- Working with carriers and Qurate procurement team to manage carrier rates.
- Building and maintaining relationships with carriers to further develop Cornerstone’s shipping network.
- Manage “MAPS” rates for Cornerstone to ensure successful planning and purchasing of international inventory by our Brands sourcing/inventory teams.
- To assist and drive vendor compliance queries when required.
- Manage promotion of overage, shortage and damage issues to claims.
- To assist Manager and Director of Transportation with process improvement projects, new functionality changes, or new carrier implementations.
- Lead analysis and business changes to support company growth.
- Understanding of logistics and fulfillment operations.
- Strong/proven organization and planning skills, and using analytics to make decisions.
- Excellent communicator and problem solver.
- Proficient level of Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Access).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience with international importing and cross dock operations a plus
- Analytics background a plus
- Knowledge and experience of managing truckload, intermodal, less than truckload and ocean moves and the cost associated with each is a positive.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.