Workforce Planning and Reporting ManagerJob ID R42947
Job Description Details
BUSINESS UNIT SUMMARY:
The Workforce Planning and Reporting Manager will report to the VP of Distribution and will be responsible for leading the Workforce Planning efforts throughout the year in addition to leading STAR and Productivity Specialists and Training for operations. This role will work with each Department Manager to create their staffing plan for regular operation periods and for Peaks. Additionally, this role will compile and analyze financial, productivity and HR data to make recommendations to DC and Human Resources leaders in order to determine short and long term staffing levels that will ensure CBI Fulfillment is positioned to meet customer service requirements for the DC network in Ohio. This position will also lead productivity and our incentive plan analysis as well as operations training specifically focused on powered industrial trucks/material handling equipment, and other areas of focus when resource as needed.
A Day in the Life
- Create annual Workforce plans including plans for Peak in partnership with Department Managers.
- Perform analysis of business data, projected business forecasts and other drivers to determine future workload and staffing levels. S/he will partner with operations and HR leaders to coordinate staffing levels and assignments
- Leverage business data and forecasts as well as historic data to recommend and plan for workload and staffing levels.
- Evaluate and recommend opportunities to share, transition, optimize our workforce across buildings & departments to meet business needs
- Design reports and dashboards that deliver workforce insights for the entire Fulfillment network as well as individual buildings and departments.
- On an ad hoc, daily, weekly monthly basis, perform regular analysis of historic data, forecasts and other key drivers of workload to assess staffing impact and recommend changes.
- Identify trends, summarize, and make recommendations.
- Lead/coordinate the releases of seasonal employees to optimize results.
- Work with operation leaders to determine staffing capacity requirements while documenting assumptions and methodology.
- Optimize the quantity and placement of new hires across the network of DCs
- Provide analysis of reports/dashboards and partner with DC and HR leadership to share insights
- Highlight key trends and identify causes and recommend potential solutions.
- Make recommendations for optimizing scheduling to maximize service and quality
- Lead the Productivity and STAR Specialists to produce analysis of current state while providing insight into opportunities for improvement.
- Insure all necessary support is provided for the STAR incentive program.
Keys to Success
At Cornerstone Services, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field…or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in reporting, metrics and analysis
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with business leaders
- Advanced/Strong Excel experience
- Strong qualitative and analytical skill
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data into insights
- Demonstrated ability to present/communicate data in logical & clear manner
- Continuous improvement experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience in Workforce Management
- Access database experience
- Experience in Fulfillment/ Supply Chain in retail environment
- Prior workforce planning experience particularly in Fulfillment/Distribution Centers
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Why Cornerstone Services?
Cornerstone Services offers expertise and corporate support across the four Cornerstone Brands. These shared services include Information Technology, Digital Commerce, Customer Care, and Distribution. Our team members enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.